History Archive (12/2594)

Add to Lightbox Download
< Prev Next >
RJPEWR A photograph taken of the Red Chapel of Hatshepsut (the Chapelle Rouge) constructed initially as a barque shrine during the reign of Hatshepsut, the fifth pharaoh of the eighteenth dynasty of Ancient Egypt and ruled from approximately 1479 to 1458 BC. Although it had been demolished and parts were reused in antiquity, following rediscovery, the chapel has been reconstructed using its original materials. Its original location is thought to have been in the central court of the temple of Amun at Karnak, near Thebes.
RJPEWR A photograph taken of the Red Chapel of Hatshepsut (the Chapelle Rouge) constructed initially as a barque shrine during the reign of Hatshepsut, the fifth pharaoh of the eighteenth dynasty of Ancient Egypt and ruled from approximately 1479 to 1458 BC. Although it had been demolished and parts were reused in antiquity, following rediscovery, the chapel has been reconstructed using its original materials. Its original location is thought to have been in the central court of the temple of...
more »

Filename: P01173028.jpg
Copyright